B2 First is also called the First Certificate in English (FCE). This general English qualification proves that you can speak and write English well enough to work or study in an English-speaking environment.
B2 First for Schools (FCEfS) is at the same level as B2 First (FCE) and leads to exactly the same internationally accepted certificate. The only difference is that the exam content is targeted at the interests and experiences of schoolchildren.
Level of qualification: Upper intermediate = B2 on the Common European Framework.
Who should take this exam?
You should study for the B2 First if you want to work in an English-speaking business, live in an English-speaking country or study a foundation-level or pre-university course taught in English.
Cambridge English Qualifications exams are recognised by over 20,000 universities, employers and governments around the world.
B2 First is one of the most popular English tests in the world:
• It is recognized by the following organisations in Croatia: Belupo d.d., Generali Osiguranje d.d., Hrvatske Vode, Hrvatske željeznice, PLIVA d.d., Siemens d.d. and many more
• Combined with the appropriate pedagogical training, it gives the right to teach English in kindergartens
How does the exam process work?
There are four parts to the B2 First exam. You will complete papers Reading and Use of English, Writing and Listening on the same day. The Speaking may be on a different day. You do the speaking with two examiners and one other candidate.
|B2 First / B2 First for Schools||Reading and Use of English||Writing||Listening||Speaking|
|Time allowed||1 hour 15 minutes||1 hour 20 minutes||40 minutes||14 minutes per 1 pair of candidates|
|Marks (% of total)||40 %||20 %||20 %||20 %|
To take the exam you should be able to:
• write short reports and emails
• explain an idea or have a detailed discussion in English
• understand general English on TV and in newspapers.
Format of the exam:
You can choose the format of the exam: Paper-based or Computer-based.
Computer-based exams are the same as paper-based exams, only the method of delivery is different.